Mama Sez's Easy-to-Follow Recipes

Posted by Papa Sez | Friday, February 05, 2010

Can you guess what could possibly be one of my wife's greatest frustrations? For those who know her and her cooking prowess, you might be surprised to know that something related to her cooking had been a source of disappointment for her. No, not that she sucks at it. On the contrary, she is well recognized by relatives, friends and acquaintances for her superb culinary skills and many scrumptious dishes. In fact, she has become an inspiration to our school-age kids who, not surprisingly, put "chef" as one of their dream professions.

Well, the answer has to do with my "timid" appetite. You see, I easily get satiated and my "It's dizzying to see so much food on the table" line gets to her nerves. So, can you imagine her frustration when she enthusiastically prepares a splendid meal and her husband is first to opt out and worse blurt out that insensitive line upon seeing those delectable dishes on the table?

Fortunately, I haven't used that line in recent years and we came to an understanding on how I can show my appreciation to her efforts. In fact, I am starting to be a food buff myself. Thanks to her, I could be quite discriminating at times and now have certain preferences; whereas I used to just eat almost anything...and not even able to tell if the food is already on the brink of being spoiled!

Now you see how couples affect each others' preferences. And I am delighted to have been influenced and have come to appreciate my wife's culinary talent and passion for food. She's been sharing her recipes in Parenting Journey and in HubPages. Below is a rundown of what she has posted so far.





Cheesy Beef Caldereta






Sweet and Sour Tilapia 
(Escabeche)







Chicken Curry




Veggie Fried Rice







Special Embotido (Filipino-style Meatloaf)



Carbonara (only pasta in photo)







Ampalaya and Tomato Salad







Radish and Tomato Salad







  
Modified Pollo Iberico
(Roast Spanish Chicken)






Be sure to bookmark this new page on RECIPES at Parenting Journey as we will be updating the list as new recipes are posted. Happy cooking!

Bookmark and Share



Subscribe in a reader

2 comments
  1. Bogs February 7, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

    It's 8:40pm, i'm still in the office, hungry. And reading this piece made me even more hungry. I guess this is a clue that i should pack up and go home. And yes I and my family are eye, or should i say, taste buds witnesses of how delicious a cook Mama Sez is!

  2. Papa Sez February 7, 2010 at 3:33 PM  

    Thanks Bogs for the endorsement =). I'll make sure Mama Sez learns about your feedback. Cheers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails